My last post was two weeks ago...and this is why!
We surprised our daughter with "Louie" for her birthday. My kids have always wanted a dog, but I have never given in to the desire. It always sounds fun, but then I talk myself out of it. I am a pretty logical person. Always thinking about the things that would make me not want a dog. For some reason, those things didn't seem as important recently. I thought if we were ever going to get a dog, now would be the time.
1. I LOVE my sleep! I think I already knew that, but it has been proven these last two weeks.
2. I like to be in control of things around me. Puppies are hard to control! We are enrolled in a puppy class that starts this weekend. I am hoping that will help me get some control of this fluffy thing! But I have a feeling, the real lesson here is that we never really have control, do we? I just thought that I did and Louie is teaching me otherwise.
3. I still have a temper. I thought I had better control of that, but bringing such an uncontrollable thing into my life made me realize it was still there. Ugh...will have to work on that one.
4. I will go through A LOT for the happiness of my children. My daughter is in love with Louie! Seeing her so happy, makes me happy.
5. When I am responsible for a "new" living thing, I become a little crazy! I was so worried that I was doing the right thing with the dog that my stomach hurt for the whole first week. I didn't feel like I could go anywhere or do anything except puppy stuff. I actually lost 3 pounds! Week two is getting better and I hope it just keeps heading that way.
|It's hard to get a clear shot because he is never still!|
|These are the moments that make it all worth while!|