Hi, I’m Sonja.
After teaching elementary school for a short time, I became a stay at home mom for 22 years. Now my children are in their twenties and I’ve turned my love of travel into a blog. I love all kinds of travel (family, couple, solo). But I do miss my Shih Tzu, Louie, when I’m gone. Unless I’m exploring with him along, which is always a possibility.
I’m currently living in Illinois. But I have moved over 10 times to 6 different states as an adult. So I’m well versed in traveling AND living all over.
I’ve been married for over 25 years to my high school sweetheart. We have traveled with our kids to over 23 countries and most of the US. I’m plant based and while I don’t love to exercise, I do it anyway to maintain my health. That only gets harder as you age. I do love a good indulgence though, as you can see from my chocolate cake picture.
My family means everything to me. I visit my kids every chance I get and we still take them along on family vacations. I hope that never changes.
I am also very visible on Social Media.
* I have a YouTube channel that highlights travel, food, travel tips like packing and Louie of course.
* A Facebook Page for The Happy Travel Bug
* You can follow me on Twitter
* Follow my Pinterest Boards
* Add me on Google +
* Email me at email@example.com
* Follow me on Instagram
Here is one of my favorite posts
The Happy Travel Bug is available for:
* Resort, cruise and food tours
* Brand Ambassadorships
* Sponsored blog posts, YouTube videos and social media posts
* Projects that you think will help tell your story to my engaged audience
* FAM trips and press tours
* Instagram takeovers
Interested in working with me? I would love to hear from you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form in the sidebar. Thanks!